More details about Disney’s Moana
Walt Disney Animation Studios revealed plans today for Moana, a sweeping, CG-animated comedy-adventure about a spirited teenager on an impossible mission to fulfill her ancestors’ quest. In theaters in late 2016, the film is directed by the renowned filmmaking team of Ron Clements and John Musker (The Little Mermaid, The Princess and the Frog, Aladdin).
In the ancient South Pacific world of Oceania, Moana, a born navigator, sets sail in search of a fabled island. During her incredible journey, she teams up with her hero, the legendary demi-god Maui, to traverse the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous sea creatures, breathtaking underworlds and ancient folklore.
“John and I have partnered on so many films—from The Little Mermaid to Aladdin to The Princess and the Frog,” said Clements. “Creating Moana is one of the great thrills of our career. It’s a big adventure set in this beautiful world of Oceania.”
“Moana is indomitable, passionate and a dreamer with a unique connection to the ocean itself,” Musker said. “She’s the kind of character we all root for, and we can’t wait to introduce her to audiences.”
“A villain is just a victim whose story hasn’t been told.”
Why is this one of the things recommended for me on my dash.
There’s so much wrong with this.
1. The quote is bullshit, and indicative of everything terrible about our society, which constantly puts the pain of the abuser above those they abuse.
2 It also grossly furthers the idea that all victims are potential abusers. Which has real life ramifications, because this is actually something that survivors of child abuse fear and one of the reasons they do not always come forward.
3. Bucky has no goddamn business being in this set. He wasn’t a villain. He actually was a victim.
4. We saw Anakin’s story. We KNOW his story. Cool story, bro, but you still murdered children. You are not now and never shall be a fucking victim, but those babies were, so fuck you and fuck your defenders and especially fuck anyone who would think that you are a goddamn victim.
5. We know Magneto’s story intimately. It has been told often. He was a victim once. And then he decided that Genocide was okay.
6. Fuck Fake White Khan and we do in fact know Real Khan’s story. He did think he was a victim, but no, he was not. He was a complicated and amazing villain that went against the typical type of POC villains that we get - he was brilliant and clever and not just a “thug.” But he was not a victim (no, not even after the neighboring planet went boom.)
7. We know Loki’s story too. It’s one of a whiny spoiled brat who keeps trying to commit genocide.
tldr: Bucky has no business being in this set. The rest of these people are murderous terrible people. They are not victims, though some of them were once.
I waited to reblog this, specifically for someone to express this^^. tumblr delivered.
come on baby girl, flex your zygomaticus major for this greasy stranger
fill so your followers can get to know you
1. state your name: Jess
2. state the name that your parents almost named you: Sydney
3. which of your relatives do you get along with the most? My sister, more or less…
4. what was your first job? My first “real” job was a cashier at a gas station.
5. did anything embarrassing happen this week? Not really?
6. do you miss your ex? I’ve never had an ex.
7. white chocolate or dark chocolate? Dark chocolate
8. do people praise you for your looks? Sometimes.
9. what is your favorite color of clothing to wear? Black or natural tones.
10. how do you wear your makeup? Concealer, a little powder, winged eyeliner. Lipstick is good too.
11. what are some of your nicknames? I guess Jess is technically a nickname (but I don’t even introduce myself as Jessica, so….). My sister calls me Seeka sometimes, because that’s why she used to say when she was little and couldn’t pronounce my name.
12. how many bedrooms are in your house? 1
13. how many bathrooms? 1
15. do you have a car? No
16. do you work out every week? No, but I should.
17. did you brush your teeth this morning? Yes.
18. have you ever kissed someone you never saw again? No.
19. have you ever sung in front of a crowd? No.
20. what kind of bathing suit do you wear? Either this cute one piece or a pair of swim shorts and tank top.
21. do you like your eyes? No.
22. do you think you are pretty? Yeah.
23. who was the last person you talked to in person? I think it was Sarah on the way back from Valley Scare Saturday night. I didn’t leave my apartment at all yesterday.
24. how much money in your bank account? Not enough…
25. are you single? Yeah.
26. do you want kids? At some point, but not now.
27. tell me what your backpack looks like: Canvas, green and brown.
28. what celebrity do you think is hot? Idk there are a lot of hot celebrities. Hot dads are the best.
29. last movie you saw in theaters: Book of Life.
30. are you dating the same person you dated last year? Hahahaha if no one counts then yes.
31. has someone you were dating ever cheated on you? No.I’ve never technically dated someone.
32. have you ever cheated? No.
33: have you kissed someone whose name starts with a ‘J’? No.
34: what do you like to do in your spare time? Sleep or play video games. Cosplay if I’m feeling super motivated. But free time isn’t something I have much of.
35: what’s the cutest thing someone’s ever done for you? ???????????
36: who was the last person you texted? A resident who had a question about their sink (I’m an RA at my school).
37: how do you look right now? Probably tired.
38: who’s the person who first comes to your mind when someone mentions “love”? An image of my immediate family comes to mind.
*tries to get eight hours sleep in 3 hours*
this looks like a man just got switched into a cats body and he’s having some self realization of the situation and he’s buggin